THE RECOVERY PROGRAM
Here are the steps we take:
1. We admitted we were powerless over gambling - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to a normal way of thinking and living.
3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this power of our own understanding.
4. We made a searching and fearless moral and financial inventory of ourselves.
5. We admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We were entirely ready to have these defects of character removed.
7. We humbly asked God (of our understanding) to remove our shortcomings.
8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. We sought through prayer or meditation to improve our consciousness, and the power to carry that out.
12. We made an effort to practice these principles in all our affairs, we tried to carry this message to other compulsive gamblers.